Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Pillow Placed Under My Head

Mmmmm. So so soft.
After tomorrow, I'm home free. For two weeks at least.
Deeeep breaths.
Oh I'm so ready to leave this all behind.
I want a fresh start. I've been given 2 so far, hah. But I always get more motivated each quarter I return.

I'm ready for this to not be about me anymore.
There's more to this than me. My eyes are opening more and more each day.
I'm wide awake, it's morning.

"I could not have known then that everybody, every person, has to leave, has to change like season's;
they have to or they die. The seasons remind me that I must keep changing, and I want to change because
it is God's way. All my life I have been changing. I changed from a baby to a child, from soft toys to play daggers.
I changed into a teenager to drive a car, into a worker to spend some money. I will change into a husband
to love a woman, into a father to love a child, change houses so we are near water, and again so we're near friends
keep changing with my wife, getting our love so it dies and gets born again and again, like a garden fed by four seasons,
a cycle of change. Everybody has to change, or they expire. Everybody has to leave, everybody has to leave their home and come back so they can love it again for all new reasons...
"

- Donald Miller, Through Painted Deserts

I think you know. It hurts. Hmmm. Just putting it out there.
I'd leave with you, if I could.

Spring is here.

1 comment:

Ryan Guard said...

I think we're sharing the same ache, my friend. That quote makes me want to go over to my shelf and finally start reading that book. It might be good for the soul right now.