Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Note To Self :

Chris,
There are some things you can't change
and there are some things you can

For those you can't, praise God for it. Honor your mother and your father, your elders, all authority.
I know I'm here (physically here, in this chair, in this neighborhood, this city, with these people) for a reason. And though I don't agree with all of it, I can't change who I've been placed with, yet I should praise God for my health, my family, my friends, and for my opportunities here with whom I've been placed with that so many don't get. I take things for granted.

For those things you can change, continue to praise God and make sure he is in the forefront of all decisions you decide upon, making sure that you understand love and joy and the comfort so provided, yet sometimes seeming so distant, is so powerful. Share it with others. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4. Nothing is impossible. Don't hope for things to be done, but move your feet! Pray that you'll find encouragement, and a motive.

Everyone has a different scenario. No one aligns up perfectly. I'm positive, and there's plenty proof, that you won't live the same life as any other. It's good to take knowledge and encouragement from others, but that doesn't exactly mean that's God's plan for you. Not saying it doesn't! God is insane, and if you're convicted, great! Do it, believe it, put your heart in it. Keep in mind that, with every section of life (given to you preciously), you continue to be refined, and it's all for the better though it can be uncomfortable. God is in control. Who? God. And he wants the best for you. Don't become obsessed with anything else. Be open minded and humble, yet wise. Do not build up walls. Ask questions, and seek answers, the truth, and wisdom. Seek with your whole heart.

Love,
Chris

I'm really going out on a wing, here. The last time someone disagreed with me was Max Mullet at youth group 2 weeks ago, and I don't remember before then. I don't believe that I'm living this life so well all the time, and I think I just need someone to smack me in the face every once in a while. An encouraging smack, but a distinct one nonetheless. Who will be the first to go?

No comments: