Monday, June 23, 2008

Leaving for the East Coast in 2 Hours

Plane leaves at 6 something.
I'm finishing up The Irresistible Revolution right now.
Don't care how late it is!

I can't wait to see the place. I hear it's gorgeous, the whole area in general.
But I'm also excited to see a different life style

I was talking to my mother, and she said "You're going to meet a lot of really weird, strange people on the busses and trains"
and I said, "No, you're just telling me I'll meet people that aren't like me and you."

She got frustrated, I giggled. But really. This whole book that I'm reading takes place on the east coast. I even considered visiting the Simple Way, and then thought I was over my head.

I still wish my family saw on a somewhat similar level. Then they'd realize what I'd really want to get out of a trip like this. Instead of being a tourist I'd like to meet some people.

But I guess that's for later when I'm on my own. I still deny that though i'm young i'm powerful.

Text me! I'll miss you guys.

2 comments:

Madi said...

Cool blog, I wish my parents were more like me too!

::beccaELECTROCUTE said...

ah! the east coast! you are one lucky kid.
i wish i could leave this boring town :/
and yes i do similar interest searches, too! mostly with obscure bands though, just so i can see how many fans they have and such, you know?
but yah...as you said, the maine certainly do make the girls scream nowadays.
it's kind of sad, actually.
once bands reach the level of teenage girls falling in love with the lead guitarist or whatever, i quickly lose interest, :P
and yah, i know exactly what you mean...alot of kids i know like ok music or movies and they totally fail as decent people, in my opinion.
another similar interest found!
you read the bible?
puzzling, not many youngins do that these days.
i try, but fail alot.
it certainly is my main downfall as a christian i guess.
bleh.
but thank you for the lovely comments!
i hope you have a fabulous trip :D
<3 becca.