Friday, June 6, 2008

I leave for Hume tomorrow

Simply one of the most beautiful places on earth. The sun rises perfectly over the mountain's tip at 5:43 in the morning, and the mist whispers to our eyes that it'll be a warm summer day. It's funny how our eyes hear more than our ears do, sometimes.

I was on my flickr today (not trying to, you know, point you in any direction with that link), and I was on my profile, clicking through my interests. Flickr, like a lot of other networking sites, allows you to be able to click a separate interest you've listed and see if any other users share the same interest. The more detailed ones rarely got any similarities, although there are millions on flickr. Even on Hume Lake, none! Haha. But really, millions of people and not one shared the same interest of "quiet conversations" or "bingsoo", and I'm certainly upset because bingsoo is definitely some kind of delicious dessert some angel probably spilled in heaven down to earth. Few shared interests in "seeing people smile", also a few in "cold pillows" and "foggy mornings". First off, it reminds me of how unique God makes us. Then I got about clicking these people that I shared interests with, and my eyes really opened to how much people can have in common, yet have one divided line - their beliefs. Even as in Rob Bell says in "Sex God", people come from all over to enjoy a concert, as one body to see the show. It's something they all share, they all have in common. But when they go home it's back to everyone having their own beliefs, and their own things that separate them. I see this a lot. Within my friends, and within my family. Things are always going really well until religion comes up. My father reads this book about psychics and new age religion and I'm two walls over with the door closed and the bible in my hand while my sister watches this show about rich girls in her room, but we share so much in common. We are related! Some friends just stay away from it too, but we are still friends. People tell me all I can do is present the idea, and it's up to God to put it on their hearts. I also have others tell me everyone has free will, and God can't make anyone love Him. I also have others that tell me God gets to choose. Some also say not to mention it at all, and wait until they ask me why I am the way I am. "Preach the Gospel always, and use words when necessary." Sometimes people just tell me I'm a nice person, and don't think anything of how the way I act and the way I put things.

I don't really have a final thought on that. It's just that.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Chris! First of all, I think you're great! Secondly....Kevin lied to me saying that he got his cool font from "chrishascoolfonts.com." Anyway, all this to say, my blog needs some love, and I think you may be able to help :) haha

Katie said...

Sounds like a plan!