Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Time Time Time

With summer less than 2 weeks away, I feel like i'll be handed six weeks. Of rest, of heartache, of renewal, we'll see.
The first time I ever came to cornerstone, Jr High and High School were combined on a Wednesday night.
I remember seeing a lot of people I weren't sure should be there, and saw some familiar faces.
I remember there was pizza and candy. And Kajabe Can Can.
But, I remember Ryan Guard speaking (When you start speaking again, you should use this. No one will have to know :p)
"Imagine you were given $86,000 each day. You couldn't put it in savings, you couldn't burry it in a whole and dig it up the next day. Whatever you spent with the money lasted for a day, and at the end of the day, you gave the money back, and started all over with $86,000 the next day."
The message continued, leading on the point where there are 86,000 seconds in a day. How do we spend our time?
"If you wanna know the value of ten years, ask a divorced couple.

If you wanna know the value of four years, ask a high school gradute

If you wanna know the value of one year, ask a student who failed a final.

If you wanna know the value of nine months, ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.

If you wanna know the value of one month ask a grounded teenager.

If you wanna know the value of one hour, ask the couple waiting to meet.

If you wanna know the value of one minute, ask a someone who has missed the train, bus or plane.

If you wanna know the value of one-second, ask a person who has survived an accident.

To realize the value of one millisecond, ask the person who has won a silver medal in the Olympics.
"

It comes back to me so clearly now because it was just after summer almost two years ago. And once I heard this message, I wondered what I had spent the past 6 weeks doing? There's value to time. It's not exactly money, but I guess it's close. My financial standings with my family isn't the best right now, and it looks like Hume will be the only major trip of the summer. I'm so so thankful of that. I just wish I could really see the value of my time. I know It has value, but, unfortunately, I'm one of those that has to have something happen for me to really understand in some cases. I wish so often I could hand my phone and my computer over and say "I'm done! I don't need these nor want these. They distract me from everything." Although I know they're good tools, I misuse them. It's 11, and I've been hackin away at this keyboard since I got up form my nap at 7. I guess it's discipline, isn't it? Things are okay to use, I just need to discipline myself.

But really, I want to get out there this summer. I think satan's biggest tool is putting things in your mind, but never letting you follow through with them. I want to follow through. Give me some ideas!

If you actually read through all of this, you must be super desperate. But that's very kind! :)

Tell me what you think,
Chris

No comments: