Saturday, May 17, 2008

If my parents told me

that we were moving soon,
i don't think i'd mind so much
not that i wouldn't miss anybody here or anything
but there's been so many opportunities for me to go
yet all i could think of was friends, high school, and i was scared
but now i'd sure like a change in scenery

i think i stated this earlier, but
i wish i never got used to anything

i wish that everyday i came to school, it felt like the first day
where everything was new unfamiliar
i had no expectations from any teacher
or when it's my birthday or new years or christmas
i wish i actually got excited
or when i'm on a plane, like the first time
reading a book like i just learned to read
hearing a song as if i'd never heard it
falling asleep like i just moved into a new house
taking pictures like i hadn't taken one before
to a concert, amazed the same as my first one
conversation with friends, just as interested in them as the first day we met
with conversation still raw, and nothing watered down

falling in love with everything every time i come in contact it

3 weeks
just 3 more weeks

1 comment:

hld. said...

Hey Chris,
I'm Bailey Shay. I'm 14 almost 15 but I came across your blog looking at people who liked the book Uglies. So yeah. Nice blog laterz.