Sunday, May 4, 2008

Fire, Burning Me Up

Had an awfully nice weekend. Cleaned a lot yesterday, gave my dog a bath, opened up alllll of the windows in the house, and just took a breather. I realize I take a lot of those, but take them for granted. Slaves don't get weekends, breaks, or summer vacations.

I hung out with Ryan Guard again yesterday. It's always nice seeing him! Took a trip to barnes and noble and i awkwardly enjoyed an unsweetened passion tea! Haha. We got on the subject of books, and belief, and where I should work. By the way, I'd like your input, where could you see me working? :) I realized the importance of books, but my memory isn't all the dependable. Comprehension is something big I need to work on, and I got a D in Comprehension on the AIMS, the only part I did not exceed on! So, I picked up a cheap $5 journal from Ross today, and started over on the irresistible revolution. Jotted down some vocab words and did the questions, thoughts, opinions, and such cornell style. It took me about 45 minutes to annotate 15 pages, so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or just being uber picky about what I write. Maybe I'll speed up, or maybe it's good that I'm not reading the book so fast. I've just got a lot to get through, and I don't see how I'm going to finish this one by summer!

If anyone really does read this:
Do you write down everything you read? Why is it important to you? How do you go about it?

3 Weeks left of School,
Chris

1 comment:

Sunshine Abby said...

So the Barnes and Noble by my house sells passion tea too, and I have to admit, it's pretty addicting.