Monday, April 14, 2008

Staying awake

I argue a lot on what is really morally "right", and morally "wrong".

I think I base my friendships on a lot of it. But I think I've found myself in a bit of a ditch, where it seems as if things aren't the same between the people who I felt close to. And I think these are some of the reasons. Here's things I've been experiencing in friendships:

Oh yeah, things are really funny. Life is fun, people are hilarious. But how far? What does cussing mean to you?
Drinking? Smoking? Is hookah considered smoking? What about smoking tea (something my friends are getting into)?
Smoking is smoking, isn't it? What about having sex before marriage? I mean, you have to let yourself out someway...right?

Do humans make exceptions?

What does it mean to have a friendship founded on Christ?
I think living a regular life seems so tempting, and people try to mix the two and get away with it.

I'm totally lost in this. I can't remember the last deep conversation I've had. Other than today, everything has been completely random, and somewhat a blur for these past few weeks. I feel somewhat lost in social discussions now, because it feels like it's something I'm missing. It seems like people aren't interested in conversation so much anymore, and there's not a source where I feel like I can ask questions openly. Maybe there is, and I'm just totally blinded.

You can only spend so much time with yourself.

Waiting upon your thoughts,
Chris

"Teach me something, your words are truly my inspiration..."

2 comments:

Sara said...

oh chris,

No words can really describe how much i can relate to how you feel at the moment. Ive come to the point where i just let myself dive into the needs of the world. I can't even the last time i felt the total and complete happiness of feeling understood. The people in my life who are capable of having thoes conversations arnt there anymore. I think god sets this problem infront of most of us at one point or another.

Maybe this is a start to something new? i think having an amazing friendship is about taking risks to reach the heart of someone else. maybe you should just try to ask these questions. Leave the uncomfortable feelings with god. Have him deal with it.

I think this is where i go wrong.

oh and,

i've still been aching to have a deep conversation with you. There is stuff that ive pushed to the back of my heart, to be dealt with another time. Please fill me in on a time where you, and your amazing backyard are free.

Zombie said...

Initiate deep conversation. I did this when I was going through some of the same problems. I was watching a lot of my friends stray and get stale and start doing some things that I believe would harm them in various ways. So I made a small group Bible study that boasted no BS. We talked about the things. I had to initiate, but isn't that what friends do?