Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It's late, I should be sleeping

I woke up with a tickle in my throat, and my eyes sore to the touch. The day passed by quickly though. With some laughs, of course. A day is not a day without laughs. We peer reviewed in English, and I swapped papers with Natalie during and after school. I edited hers on the roof. It's amazing what gets to you up there. Or maybe it's just coincidence. Maybe there's no such thing as coincidence. Hmm, anyways. I came home, and sat on the ground with my dog. He licked me, and made me smile. He makes me happy :).

Anthony came over and we worked ohhh so hard on our science fair board (not), and then left to youth group. My leader, Jason, read us this beautiful story about a 17 year old boy named Brian Moore who wrote about his vision of heaven. If you can check it out, read it here.

My eyes are heavy. Wake Up Poland, It's Nine O'clock is keeping me up.

"the builders in the backyard catching up on all his sleep
a woman lacks the motivation from the bedroom where she weeps
there was a banner in the window shouting "you were my peace of mind"
He'd love to share his bold intentions but he lost his voice to try

a boy surrounded by his racecars, living faster than his age
he build worlds for himself to live in with the building blocks they gave
he laid and pressed his ears on air-vents needing nothing of that sort
his laughter quickly turned to silence, the dark turned from sweet dreams to war

overcome by indiscretion, they made a flag of white to fly
the mourning slipt their heads, before their chance to say goodbye
they say the bigger the heart is, the more resting that's allowed
the grooms objections at his wedding after years of being vowed

blessed by encounters that helped them come to be
overcome by salutations blurring visions left to see
the sudden parting of an ocean, lead to anchors swinging wide
from the lack of fearing God and inclinations made to hide

made to hide
we're made to hide

we were all made to hide
can you tell us why?

we are alive
we're dreaming here"



From the shadows of my bedroom,
Chris

P.S.
Please leave a comment if you read this. Just interested on who's following this up...

Sleep oh so well.

No comments: