Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I'm upset that my age is catching up with me...

My whole life I've been told "you look older than you really are!"
or "you're more mature than most people your age."

I'll be a sophomore, and my foot size hasn't changed in a year. I've grown half an inch since the end of 8th grade. My hair is the same, my face the same. Pictures a year ago look like they were taken last week.

And looking back on it all right now, turning 16 this year, I think I could've done a lot of better things with my time. The heart was always there, just nothing to pump the blood. I wont loath, but I'd hate to feel the same when I graduate high school.

Nathan told me the story about a student he had at his old church, who'll be a freshman this year, who's raised over $100,000 total in a program he started called "Hoops for Hope". He asked people to sponsor him according to amount of free throw shots he made on his own, or something along those lines, and the money he'll get will be donated to a village in Africa. He started in in 6th grade. He'll be a freshman this year. Wow, talk about not wasting your time! They've built a hospital and school with that money.

I spend more time mapping out the trip then trusting the signs on the freeway that tell me how to get there.

1 comment:

Breanna said...

Oh man little austin is amazing at what he does! The little kid is on fire for God that is all I have to say! He inspires me!

-Breanna